Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Thursday, August 5, 2021, 10:30 AM until 12:00 PM
BMAV has reserved a block of 5 tickets to Glenstone museum. The indoor and outdoor pavilions are now open, as well as outdoor dining. Enjoy the large and spectacular expanded exhibition space, including outdoor sculptures in fabulously landscaped spaces designed for the collection.
The Gallery is showing a traveling exhibition of works by Faith Ringgold and the Pavilions feature new installations by Glenn Ligon and Tacita Dean.
RSVP required. Free.
Glenstone is following new safety precautions:
- Limiting group sizes to no more than five people
- Setting indoor capacity limits that meet Montgomery County guidelines
- Offering arrival times 15 minutes apart to prevent too many people from arriving at the same time
- Requiring visitors and staff to wear masks that cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly under the chin at all times, with the exception of when seated for food service at the Patio (masks are still required when away from the dining table) Please note: gaiters and masks with exhalation valves are not permitted
- Reminding all people on site – visitors and staff – to stay at least six feet apart
- Offering outdoor-only dining at the Patio
- Increasing bag size permitted in the art space (now limited to 14" x 14") to minimize use of lockers